My Poems

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Start DBT Tuesday

So I am going to go to the place I wanted to in February but couldn't because I had my kids during the day well at least one. I will be going to see this therapist Tuesday that deals with BPD so it should be different. The good thing is its only $30 copay and then the Group therapy they dont charge you a copay so that will be nice considering Group is once a week. The times work for me cause its 1230-2 and my kids will be in school now not sure how that will work when ones sick or they are on vacation but I will figure something out. I am kind of nervous about doing this but its for the best. I want to work but husband says wait and see how my SSI works he is most likely going to get a part time job which I feel bad about but its his choice. To anyone who is reading my blogs thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a system of therapy originally developed to treat persons with borderline personality disorder (BPD) by Marsha M. Linehan, a psychology researcher at the University of Washington.[1][2] DBT combines standard cognitive-behavioral techniques for emotion regulation and reality-testing with concepts of distress tolerance, acceptance, and mindful awareness largely derived from Buddhist meditative practice. DBT is the first therapy that has been experimentally demonstrated to be effective for treating BPD.[3][4] Research indicates that DBT is also effective in treating patients who present varied symptoms and behaviors associated with spectrum mood disorders, including self-injury.[5] Recent work suggests its effectiveness with sexual abuse survivors [6] and chemical dependency.[7]

No comments: