My Poems

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have my first DBT group therapy today ( anxious)

I am very nervous cause its something new and around other people I do not know. Only good thing is they understand me and know what I am going through. I was told I could go to both meetings a week if I choose to since I pay no copay for it I might. I am willing to do anything to get better because I am sick of the feelings I feel all the time and that no one understands me. Its hard dealing with this mental illness and it hurts when some don't understand that I am not making it up. I have had doctors tell me I have this condition and I did alot of reading and research on it. For those who say I am on the computer 10 hours or so a day. I am not on that much I check my stuff in the morning then I get stuff done. Later on in the night I log on again because I have nothing else to do with the kids doing other stuff. I just want others to understand what I am going through or for those ashamed to not be ashamed. I still have issues with it myself but it will take along time for me to get better. I will post about how my session went later. Thank you for all the encouragement I Have gotten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it goes well. I wish so much I could do DBT. I have to live through all of you who do! lol

Momof2girls1boy said...

Why cant you do DBT I really cant afford the therapy once a week but I will find a way the group is no copay thankfully for once I Hope my husband job keeps the same insurance

It went ok felt odd cause I was new and they already had a lesson they were going over but it takes awhile for me to warm up to new things