My Poems

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So I am to work on the Please Master this Week

PLEASE MASTER
Having ineffective health habits can make one more vulnerable to emotion mind. This skill is used to maintain a healthy body so one is more likely to have healthy emotions. It is an acronym that stands for the following:
PhysicaL Illness (treat): If you are sick or injured, get proper treatment for it.
Eating (balanced): Make sure you eat a proper healthy diet, and eat in moderation.
Avoid Mood-Altering Drugs: Do not take non-prescribed medication or illegal drugs. They are very harmful to your body, and can make your mood unpredictable.
Sleep (balanced): Do not sleep too much or too little. 8 hours of sleep is recommended per night for the average adult.
Exercise: Make sure you get an effective amount of exercise as this will both improve body image, and release endorphins (making you happier).
MASTERy (build): Try to do one thing a day to help build competence and control.
 
 
She wants me to take a walk each day for 20 mins if not longer that is simple for the exercise part
Wants me to watch what I eat and make sure I eat
My sleep patterns are all over the place so wants me to work on that alot
I dont drink or do drugs so the Avoid is not for me
I know if sick to go to doctor
And Mastery going to work on it means to work at something to do it better so I will read more or try to do more stuff like drawing
This shall be a fun week I have my group tomorrow and we are going over Opposite Emotions still taking me awhile to understand most of it but I believe once I get it that DBT will help me

No comments: